Guildinn.com - Friendly Gaming GFX Community

Guildinn.com - Friendly Gaming GFX Community (http://www.guildinn.com/forum/)
-   GI News & Information (http://www.guildinn.com/forum/gi-news-information/)
-   -   Become an Inn Supporter (http://www.guildinn.com/forum/gi-news-information/39164-become-inn-supporter.html)

RaMarcus 19-04-09 20:20

Become an Inn Supporter

Got some spare cash? Want to help support the site you love... GI?

Well you can by donating via Paypal and in return you'll receive a Inn Supporter badge under your name and also get a custom username colour which will be seen throughout the site (once you donate you need to change this setting in your profile to show the new colour). All money donated will be put back into GI to help with running costs, expand our features and fund competitions.

UPDATE: Become an Inn Supporter and the adverts on GI will be hidden. Also, donate more than $20 and you can claim the Inn Supporter award/badge.

You can only donate via Paypal, sorry but no other methods are available. However it's quick, easy and we will love you forever for it. All donations will go towards the running costs of GI, any extra money raised will be used in a competition or two, so you may end up winning it back!

YOU CAN DONATE TO THE INN BY CLICKING HERE!

If you cannot afford to donate, don't worry, just pass on the GI name to your friends on other sites, send people here and help build and improve the community.

Thank you to everyone and a special thanks to anyone who has or will donate! ;)

Tangster 19-04-09 20:34

If I had money right now...:(

Chris 19-04-09 21:07

If I had paypal...lol

RaMarcus 19-04-09 21:14

You don't need to have Paypal to pay by Paypal... you do need a debit or credit card though ;)

Enso 19-04-09 21:30

Provide more info about these "updates" your talking about.

RaMarcus 19-04-09 21:40

For a start VB is a whole version out of date, that's 33 on it's own. General hosting and domain costs are obvious, any other updates would be the renewal on certain features, it would also be nice to give the site another restyle and freshen it up ;)

Chris 19-04-09 23:44

I might consider it...I mean it's 10 bucks... XD

vikter 20-04-09 05:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaMarcus (Post 442510)
You don't need to have Paypal to pay by Paypal... you do need a debit or credit card though ;)

I have neither... :P Would've wanted to help though...

Zephyrus 20-04-09 06:03

10 bucks is TOO much, to a 13 year old in my country . :P

RaMarcus 20-04-09 07:01

I understand that some, if not most cannot donate for various reasons and I'm not asking everyone to. If you can afford it, it will be used to maintain the Inn but it's not like GI will close without it.

However, if you can't afford it, spread the good word of GI and get involved in the site activities to help the community grow, worth more than money that ;)

Enso 20-04-09 07:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaMarcus (Post 442522)
For a start VB is a whole version out of date, that's 33 on it's own. General hosting and domain costs are obvious, any other updates would be the renewal on certain features, it would also be nice to give the site another restyle and freshen it up ;)

What.. Again a restyle? The brown lastes waaaaaay longer than his one, if you ask me this one still is fresh and new :P
I think instead of refreshing you should look more into hacks (don't worry you silly guize, this is vb terms for mods for the forum).

Also, werent hosting and domain costs 5usd a month and domein cost.. wuts that 1$ a year?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaMarcus (Post 442615)
I understand that some, if not most cannot donate for various reasons and I'm not asking everyone to. If you can afford it, it will be used to maintain the Inn but it's not like GI will close without it.

However, if you can't afford it, spread the good word of GI and get involved in the site activities to help the community grow, worth more than money that ;)

I'll look into to actually donating this time, I can spare some cash :P
I want tracking records of where my moneyz go to tho! :P
Lemme see how I can set this up, or i'll simply ask my folks (this is gonna suck but whatever) if they can creditcard it to you and i'll pay them.

RaMarcus 20-04-09 09:31

We already have a few paid for "hacks" (officalling they're called Mods not hacks) and they need updating too, VBseo which helps our search rankings and the render gallery is a paid hack as well. I'm sure we could add more, it just makes updating to the latest VB more of hassle each time when we have to bug test and implement templates changes etc.

So far in GI's 3 1/2 year life, 36 people have donated $5 to GI, which makes $180. Hosting is only 10 per month so that only makes me $230 down overall (not including other costs). Technically you could say it's almost made the hosting half price! :P

As I've said, it's not like we really need the cash or anything. I'm just throwing this out there if people can and would like to donate ;)

Enso 20-04-09 10:02

Well im not paying for your babies clothes :P
Render Gallery, does anyone use that?

reaper 20-04-09 10:32

i get some money this week so im sure i could spare 5 quid (atleast i think that's what gbp is from usd) will be nice to have the donator badge back again ^^

Tangster 20-04-09 10:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaMarcus (Post 442634)
So far in GI's 3 1/2 year life, 36 people have donated $5 to GI, which makes $180. Hosting is only 10 per month so that only makes me $230 down overall (not including other costs). Technically you could say it's almost made the hosting half price! :P

I'm guessing the funny numbers are because of the nutty -$ exchange rate?