Go Back   Guildinn.com - Friendly Gaming GFX Community > GI Community Forums > GI News & Information > GI Level Up System

Register FAQ Designers List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Contact Us

GI Level Up System Information on our level system.

Closed Thread
Old 29-11-08, 11:39   #1

Inn Points: 135

Post Sarge's Fast Track to Levelling Up

When you first come to Guildinn, everything might look complex and hard to understand, but you'll get it in time. Read the FAQ if you're having any problems.

So to get to Level 0 you'll need 15 posts. So go ahead, post around. Make an introduction thread, chat in off-topic and even rate some sigs, just remember not to spam. Once you have 15 posts, you're all set and automatically within the next hour or so you will get your level 0 badge.

Level 0

So you're a Level 0! Now you can vote on sig battles and even create and enter your own. If you want, you can accept or make a battle in the Level 0 Battle section, but there is no point in this as it wont help you level up at all. If you just want to experience battling then go ahead and make a battle.

To progress to Level 1, you'll need to enter 2 SOTW's. SOTW stands for Signature of the Week and is a weekly competition hosted by RaMarcus (the GuildInn admin). You can always find SOTW links at the top of the page. Remember, you don't have to actually place or win, it doesn't matter if you do not get a single vote, it still counts towards your designer level. So go ahead, check out the SOTW and if you think you can take it up then it's all yours. Just make your entry and post it.

At this point you should ensure you have made a level up thread in this section, use the template that RaMarcus has provided in the other stickied post.

Once you have entered two SOTW's, post links to the thread where you entered and request your RaMarcus' challenge. Once you complete this, you're a Level 1. Well done!

Level 1

Now that you're a Level 1, you have access to the Designer forums and it's time to start battling. Enter as many SOTW's as you can, because it will help in the long run, and remember to post them all in your Level up thread. You can now enter the DSOTW, another weekly contest hosted by a forum mod who sets various designer-based GFX tasks. You post these on your Level up thread.

You'll also need to start battling. Accept or make some challenges in the Level 1 Battle forum and try and win. You can also challenge and make Level 0 battles, but these wont count towards your Designer level. Once you've won 2 Level 1 Battles and entered 2 DSOTW's, you're ready for Level 2. Remember to keep entering SOTW's during this level, as even though they don't help you progress to Level 2 as I said it will be helpful in the long run.

Level 2

Progressing to Level 3 is similar to progessing to Level 2, apart from you'll need to win 3 Level 2 Battles. You can always challenge lower levels, but it does not count towards your designer level. You'll also need to enter 4 SOTW and DSOTW's, which you may have already done.

Level 3

Now that you're Level 3 progressing is going to be harder, as you need to win more battles against tougher opponents. Eventually, though, you'll do this. Start trying harder in SOTW and DSOTW's, because soon you'll have to start winning to progress.

Level 4

Well done! Level 4 is a good landmark and is a good example of how better you've got at GFX. Look at some of your first battles and D/SOTW entries, and evaluate how much you've improved.

By now you should have entered 10 SOTW and DSOTW's, or maybe just under. This is the required for progressing to Level 5, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't stop entering. You'll also have to do the regular battle arena wins, and now you'll need a top 3 spot in the SOTW or DSOTW. At Level 4 you might have already achieved that, but if not keep trying. You might be this level for a while but you can keep entering the weekly competitions which will still help you in the long run.

You should now start thinking about joining a team. Look about the recruitment forum and see what's good for you, maybe even make an application. If you get denied, don't worry, because you've still got plenty of room to improve.

Level 5

Progressing to Level 6 is ultimately the same as it was to get to Level 5, but you'll need to win another top 3 spot in the SOTW or DSOTW. Keep entering these regularly, as soon you'll need to have entered an immense number to progress.

Level 6

Level 6! Well done! You should have improved lots in Level 5, as it's quite a tough rank to get through. The same old battle winning and competition entering is needed, so keep at it. You should be in a team by now, as they help you improve your skill and in turn your designer level.

Level 7

Not many people at Guild Inn have reached Level 7, so you have something to be proud of. You should have won a SOTW or a DSOTW by now. This is needed to rank up, so if not keep telling yourself you'll win the next one. If possible, try and win one of both competitions as this is required for Level 9.

Level 8

Congratulations! Level 8 is a true landmark and an example of your GFX skills. Look to start challenging mods or admins, because this is needed for a later rank. To progress, you'll need to win a competition of each type. Try hard for every contest you enter now, and don't enter something if you know it's not going to win, because that's a whole week of levelling up gone.

Level 9

The penultimate rank, don't give up now! You're going to have to beat some staff if you want to get the max level, and it's not gonna be easy. Challenge some mods early (try and beat the skillful ones first to get them out of the way) and give it your all. After beating 5 different Mods you'll need to challenge RaMarcus and beat him, so try your best. By now you should have entered 30 different SOTW and DSOTW's, and have won 5 in total (not of both), aswell as beat ten level 9's, which could take a while.

Level 10

Congratulations! Look at your Level up thread, it's something to be proud of. You should be proud of yourself as you're an excellent artist and a role model to the whole community. Well done!

Sarge says "Forever lost in ambience"

Last edited by Nicki; 25-01-09 at 19:25
Re: Sarge's Fast Track to Levelling Up
Old 29-11-08, 15:11   #2

Inn Points: 0

wow man, this is really good. it explains everything
Chris
Zeph
SalMAX

No Status Update: Away creating my next GFX masterpiece!

Old 29-11-08, 18:47   #3

Inn Points: 3,162

Featured Render Featured Video Tutorial 
Total Awards: 2

I've made a couple of tweaks to the level 0 & 1 sections but the rest looks fine. Cheers for taking the time to do this and I will sticky this to see if it helps new members

RaMarcus says "Woot!"

Old 29-11-08, 18:50   #4

Inn Points: 135

Cheers, appreciated.

Sarge says "Forever lost in ambience"

Old 15-03-09, 23:08   #5

Looks great, good for noobs like me

Old 15-03-09, 23:42   #6

Thanks a lot for this.

Rejoice art | Enso | Impact | Bl0t | Jackson | Jello | Faux | Tangster | Skinsley | Rosen

Old 22-03-09, 00:49   #7

This is a fantastic "Guide" For new members like me. I didn't have a clue what to do lol so thanks

Signature Creature in The Making

Old 31-03-09, 19:53   #8

Inn Points: 25

I'll never reach level 3 too beginner .

Old 19-04-09, 20:32   #9

Inn Points: 929

Featured Designer 
Total Awards: 1

I object to the implication that GI designer levels are proprotional to how good a designer you are though

Old 20-04-09, 05:19   #10

Inn Points: 2,804

Featured Tutorial 
Total Awards: 1

I have to agree. I think that both Pimp/8Bit and Tangster are better then me while I'm a higher level. It just shows activeness in the competitions and battles. :3

Raxby says ":3"

Old 20-04-09, 07:03   #11

Inn Points: 3,162

Featured Render Featured Video Tutorial 
Total Awards: 2

God, I'm locking this before it goes too far.

The designer levels are more of a show of your activity and involvement in GI than true skill. However you would hope people would of improved, even a small ammount in between levels so it does show "improvement" rather than skill as well. We don't rank people on this site, just highlight a persons willingness to learn and get involved

RaMarcus says "Woot!"

Closed Thread